Pin

March 13, 2014

Goings on and A {Quilty} Bucket List

Hello!  How are you?  Ready for spring yet?  Even with the extreme lack of winter and moisture for that matter, here in California's Central Valley, I am so ready for spring.  I know some of you are still knee deep in snow and all I can say is "I wish I had seen some of it!"  Barely any rain here is making for a severe drought and hard times for the growers here.


Already there are flowers everywhere.  Even on my own front porch.


And a dwarf lemon tree in a pot on the back patio.  We immersed ourselves in yard for a couple of days and it was so nice.  More to come this weekend with the temperatures expected to reach the low 80's!


 Inside the house, more of the same.  Thinking of spring and Easter and new projects in pretty pastels and pearly whites.  After seeing the projects that PrettyByHand has been making from that book up there, well, I had to get it.  So worth it!  I purchased the English version and I want to make each and every project in it.


I would like to start a new embroidery project soon but I have been so very messy in the past with my string that I would like to organize a way to stitch neatly before I begin.  Anyone have any suggestions?


I made a list of quilt projects today after reading some of the link ups at The Tilted Quilt.  I really could have just linked every single quilt from my All Things Quilty Pinterest Board but I did not.  Here is the list with ideas:

~Sampler Quilt -Something like the Green Tea and Sweet Beans by Jen Kingwell
~ Every Project from Yoko Saito's 120 Embroidery Designs
~Medallion Quilt -I haven't found the one yet.
~Red + White Quilt -something traditional
~Modern Quilt -I've never made a really modern quilt but I so want to make this one by Elizabeth of
   DontCallMeBetsy
~Lone Star -I've pinned so many of these and any one of them will do.  Maybe more than one!

And that is it for now but I'm sure this will change sometime.  These are the ones that I have wanted to do for a long while now.  Do you have a list?  I'm linking mine up with the Tilted Quilt!

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." ~Matthew 6:33

love, Lisa

2 comments:

Stacey Napier said...

Thank you so much for linking up! I am with you on the red and white quilt - in fact that's what I'm working on right now, and red and white double wedding ring. I have had so much fun reading all of the quilty bucket lists - this has been an inspirational month, to be sure!!

Allison Babcock said...

Oh, the Lone Star Quilt! The first time I saw a Lone Star Quilt, I stopped everything and just admired. It's a stunning quilt.

Love all your pictures of Spring. I can't wait!