Pin

March 31, 2014

The Posy Hexi Is Finished Just In Time For The Finish Along

I literally put the finishing stitches onto this quilt early this morning.  But I did finish and I'm so glad that I did it!  Now I can link up to the Finish Along at The Littlest Thistle! This is the second of the two projects I had on my original list.


I simply meandered throughout all the white area and tied the applique pieces with cotton thread.  The temptation was to make it much more complex but I resisted and actually finished it!



This little project, as so many of my projects, did not turn out at all like I originally envisioned.  This gives me the idea to somehow document my original ideas so I can have a comparison when I finally finish them.  I'll do that with the next one.


It started as that little pile up there...and aside from one bit of trouble in the quilting process, was a joy to work on.


The mishap in quilting was my own fault.  My bobbin holder thingy needed cleaning so I cleaned it.  When I put it back together and started quilting again, I got this:


This has happened before to me.  One good thing about this is it is so easy to rip out these kind of stitches.  Almost fun.  Almost.  And only because I enjoy taking out the bobbin thread and being able to pull all the stitches in one very long string out of the front.  So, that's that.


Happy to have finished this and already looking forward to April and the next quarter of the Finish Along!
Hope your projects are going well and your sewing is fun and beautiful!  God bless!

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.~Romans 12:2 NKJV

love, Lisa

5 comments:

CityHouseStudio said...

Such an adorable quilt!
But what a bummer about the tension issues - I've definitely seen that type of problem on the back of my quilts on occasion - and it drives me crazy! Hopefully your machine is behaving better by now!

Leanne Parsons said...

It is so sweet! I love the little tent.

Wendy said...

It looks lovely! I've never seen tied hexies before. I have the same probably with my bobbin thread all the time. Nothing seems to cure it.

Tracy said...

What an original use for hexies, I've never seen a Hexie tree before, so cute. I've had that tension problem, mine seemed to be that I used a different thread in the spool and the bobbin, at least when I changed them it fixed my problem.

Katy Cameron said...

Congrats on both your finishes, love that wee girl in her tent :o)