Pin

April 4, 2014

February Disappearing Four Patch

This was the Peace circles contribution to do.Good Stitches for February.


I asked for Scrappy blocks and once again, they delivered!  I love this little quilt.


They even included scraps for the border as I requested!  Thanks so much, Ladies!


I tried a few new things on this little quilt.


First of which was tying instead of machine quilting.  I really like the effect.


Second I used a single piece of soft flannel on the back (no piecing back there!).  And third I did a blanket stitch by hand to hold the border down in back.  The blanket stitch is only visible in the back.  I'm not sure if that is how it is normally done or not.


This quilt was finished a couple of weeks ago and has already been received at my church for an upcoming auction to benefit a women's shelter in Colorado.  I was so glad to be able to have this done in time for my quilting buddies back in Littleton to be able to donate for this auction!

 
So that's it!  My February quilt is done...I'm sure this was my fastest completion of a quilt.  Usually they linger for some reason but this one I really enjoyed and I quite like the little changes I made to the norm. Hope the ladies of Peace like it!  Linking up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts!

Hope you all have a wonderful, blessed weekend!

But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. ~Hebrews 3:13

love, Lisa



4 comments:

Kate said...

That is so beautiful!! What a wonderful thing to be able to make for someone. I've never seen binding attached like that, but it looks great.

Katie B said...

I love it Lisa! Very soft and lovely.

CityHouseStudio said...

It's REALLY pretty, Lisa!
I love the scrappy border. And thanks for showing how you did the binding - what a neat idea!

Leanne Parsons said...

So pretty! I love that scrappy border. It really frames everything nicely.